Raymond Schinazi and Family Scholarship Award
The organizers of the Global Hepatitis Summit 2023 are pleased to announce the Raymond Schinazi and Family Scholarship Award, a scholarship aimed at early-career researchers wanting to attend the Global Hepatitis 2023 in Paris.
Each application will be judged on the excellence of the candidate and any work being presented in an oral presentation or poster presentation.
The Scholarship Award will consist of:
- Complimentary registration.
- Up to four (4) nights’ accommodation at the official conference hotel, the Pullman Montparnasse.
- A flight reimbursement in economy fare (based on geographic location of the recipient).
Travel grant applicants must:
- Submit an abstract that has been accepted for oral or poster presentation.
- Submit documentation verifying that they are a Graduate or PhD student, early career MD/PhD, and/or assistant professor (or equivalent) under the age of 40.
- Reside in and/or born originally in a low-resource country.
- Demonstrate the need for the travel grant and how they will benefit from participation at the conference by providing a one-page explanation.
Application Guidelines and Timeline:
- In order to be considered for the scholarship award, within the abstract submission portal, when asked, if you would like to be considered for a grant, please click yes.
- Following the abstract notifications, scholarship award recipients will be contacted for proof of their Graduate or PhD status, along with a demonstrated need for the scholarship award. Following receipt of these documents, award applicants will be notified of the decision in late January/early February.
- The application and all supporting documents must be completed in English.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the criteria required for a grant.
- The award includes registration fees, travel, and accommodation. Subsistence, visa fees, and travel insurance costs are not to be included in the expenses and will be borne by the awardee.